At the adjourn in a sentence?
Last Update: April 20, 2022
This is a question our experts keep getting from time to time. Now, we have got the complete detailed explanation and answer for everyone, who is interested!Asked by: Amina Huels
Score: 4.2/5 (41 votes)
The chairperson has adjourned the meeting. Court is adjourned until 10:00 tomorrow. The meeting adjourned at 4:00. Congress will not adjourn until the budget has been completed.
What is an example of adjourn?
The definition of adjourn means to end something either temporarily or permanently or to postpone it to another time or place. A judge ordering a recess to court proceedings is an example of adjourn. ... Let's adjourn to the patio.
How do you say meeting is adjourned?
- “I declare the meeting adjourned.”
- I move to adjourn the meeting and, hearing no objection, I declare the meeting adjourned.”
- “The meeting is adjourned at [TIME].”
- “If there is no objection, we will now adjourn the meeting.
Which is correct the meeting adjourned or the meeting was adjourned?
If a meeting or trial is adjourned or if it adjourns, it is stopped for a short time. The proceedings have now been adjourned until next week.
What is adjourn in meeting?
In parliamentary procedure, an adjournment ends a meeting. ... A time for another meeting could be set using the motion to fix the time to which to adjourn. This motion establishes an adjourned meeting. To adjourn to another time or place defines suspended proceedings until a later stated time or place.
Adjourn Meaning | Synonym | Antonym | Examples | Daily vocabulary for competitive exams |Episode 4
How do you use adjourn?
: to suspend indefinitely or until a later stated time adjourn a meeting Court is adjourned until 10 a.m. tomorrow. 1 : to suspend a session indefinitely or to another time or place Congress will not adjourn until the budget has been completed. 2 : to move to another place We adjourned to the library.
What do you say at the end of a meeting?
- “To summarize then, let me just run through what we've agreed here”
- “Before we end, let me just summarize the three main points”
- “To sum up what I've presented”
- “That brings me to the end of my presentation, thank you for listening”
How do you end a meeting example?
- It looks like we've run out of time, so I guess we'll finish here.
- I think we've covered everything on the list.
- I guess that will be all for today.
- Well, look at that...we've finished ahead of schedule for once.
How do you end a meeting?
- End on a positive note. Even if there has been tension and difference of opinion, strive to end the meeting harmoniously. ...
- Wind down before the scheduled end time. ...
- Reiterate its overall objective. ...
- Connect with the participants one last time. ...
- Schedule follow-up plans.
What does adjourned generally mean?
What Is An Adjournment? If an adjournment is granted, the court application gets postponed to a later date. In order to receive an adjournment, the parties in an action must either inform the Courts that everyone agrees to the adjournment or apply to the Courts for permission to adjourn the court application.
What is the synonyms of adjourn?
In this page you can discover 41 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for adjourn, like: postpone, suspend, close, dismiss, prorogue, recess, defer, delay, disband, discontinue and dissolve.
What rules should be followed while adjourning the meeting?
- either specify the time and place to which it is adjourned or state that it is to continue at a time and place to be fixed by the directors, and.
- have regard to any directions as to the time and place of any adjournment which have been given by the meeting.
Can a chairman adjourn a meeting?
If time runs out on a topic with more discussion still needed, or if directors raise a topic, the chair can choose to deviate from the agenda to discuss it immediately or state it will be added to the next meeting's agenda. Then, the chair can declare the meeting adjourned.
What is the opposite of adjourn?
adjourn. Antonyms: assemble, call, call together, collect, convene, convoke, gather, muster, summon. Synonyms: break up, disband, discharge, dismiss, disperse, dissolve, prorogue, scatter, separate.
What is adjournment in law?
a pause or rest during a formal meeting or trial, or the act of giving a pause or rest: The defence attorney requested an adjournment. The court's adjournment means that a decision will not be reached until December at the earliest.
What's an adjournment in court?
To adjourn is to close a session of something, like at court. ... When something is adjourned, it's over. This word comes up most often in court. Lawyers and citizens don't have the power to adjourn — to call a recess in the proceedings. Only a judge can adjourn the court.
How do you end a team meeting?
To end a meeting for everyone in Teams if you are the meeting organizer, click the drop-down arrow the right of the “Leave” button in the Meeting Controls toolbar. Then select “End meeting” from the menu.
How do you end a conference speech?
- 1) Plan Your Closing Remarks Word for Word. ...
- 2) Always End a Speech With a Call to Action. ...
- 3) End a Speech With a Summary. ...
- 4) Close with a story. ...
- 5) Make Them Laugh. ...
- 6) Make It Rhyme. ...
- 7) Close With Inspiration. ...
- 8) Make it Clear That You're Done.
What is closure in a meeting?
The final meeting is a time for celebrating successful completion. It could have a similar format to the launch meeting, and involve many of the same people.
How do you end a virtual meeting?
“I'm going to apologize in advance, but we need to stop the meeting here. We are out of time.” “I want to keep this meeting on schedule, so let's all keep an eye on the time. I don't want to mute any of you, but I will if it looks like we're running out of time.”
How do you end meeting minutes?
Most minutes typically end with the time the meeting adjourned. Minutes are signed by the presiding officer and the recording secretary, although if the secretary is a voting member of the group, then the secretary's signature alone is often sufficient.
How do you close an online meeting?
- Add the meeting's closure to the agenda. If you are presiding the meeting, make sure the closure appears on the agenda and highlight it as important. ...
- Quickly run through the outcomes. ...
- Encourage everyone to communicate. ...
- Take note of the key takeaways.
Is it in the end or at the end?
Simply put, at the end refers to a specific time or location, whilst in the end is an idiomatic phrase that means in conclusion or in summary.
What does adjourn mean dictionary?
to suspend the meeting of (a club, legislature, committee, etc.) to a future time, another place, or indefinitely: to adjourn the court. to defer or postpone to a later time: They adjourned the meeting until the following Monday. ... to defer or postpone (a matter) to some future time, either specified or not specified.
What is Adourn?
transitive verb. 1 : to enhance the appearance of especially with beautiful objects adorned the wall with her paintings. 2 : to enliven or decorate as if with ornaments people of fashion who adorned the Court. Synonyms & Antonyms Choose the Right Synonym More Example Sentences Learn More About adorn.