How to use orchidaceous in a sentence?
Last Update: April 20, 2022
This is a question our experts keep getting from time to time. Now, we have got the complete detailed explanation and answer for everyone, who is interested!Asked by: Kenneth Howell
Score: 5/5 (53 votes)
What is the meaning of Orchidaceous?
1 : of, relating to, or resembling the orchids. 2 : showy, ostentatious.
What does the word predacious mean?
1 : living by preying on other animals : predatory. 2 usually predacious : tending to devour or despoil : rapacious.
What does raillery mean in English?
1 : good-natured ridicule : banter.
What does the word vertiginous mean in English?
1a : characterized by or suffering from vertigo or dizziness. b : inclined to frequent and often pointless change : inconstant. 2 : causing or tending to cause dizziness the vertiginous heights.
How to use "abut" in a sentence - "abut" sentence examples with pronunciation
How do you use vertiginous in a sentence?
- After she hit her head, Molly became increasingly vertiginous, lightheaded, and lost her balance.
- When Jenny climbed off the Tilt-A-Whirl, her vision clouded, the room felt like it was still spinning, and her vertiginous symptoms only increased.
How does vertigo affect you?
Many people describe vertigo as feeling like the room is spinning. It might cause you to feel like you're tilted, rocking, unbalanced, or unsteady. Sometimes these unpleasant sensations are worse if you're standing up, walking, or moving your head around.
What does insipidity mean?
1 : lacking in qualities that interest, stimulate, or challenge : dull, flat insipid prose. 2 : lacking taste or savor : tasteless insipid food.
How do you use raillery in a sentence?
- While many people think the brothers are arguing, they're usually just engaging in some fun raillery.
- I'm never offended by my manager's raillery because I know it's simply good-natured teasing.
- Growing up, my sister and I often made fun of each other and engaged in other types of raillery.
What does it mean to railing someone?
: to revile or scold in harsh, insolent, or abusive language.
What do u mean by Poikilotherms?
: an organism (such as a frog) with a variable body temperature that tends to fluctuate with and is similar to or slightly higher than the temperature of its environment : a cold-blooded organism.
Is Trepidacious a word?
Trepidacious is not a word. adding that "Trepidation, meaning fear or apprehension, is a word, as as trepid (the antonym of the more familiar intrepid), meaning timid or fearful." (Yeah, like I'm going to use trepid. Even Fiske doesn't go so far as to advise that I use trepid instead of trepidatious.)
What do you mean by viviparous?
1 : producing living young instead of eggs from within the body in the manner of nearly all mammals, many reptiles, and a few fishes. 2 : germinating while still attached to the parent plant the viviparous seed of the mangrove.
Is an orchid a plant or flower?
orchid, (family Orchidaceae), any of nearly 1,000 genera and more than 25,000 species of attractively flowered plants distributed throughout the world, especially in wet tropics. Orchidaceae is a member of Asparagales, an order of monocotyledonous flowering plants that also includes the asparagus and iris families.
What is the meaning of ostentatious living?
: attracting or fond of attracting attention by showing off wealth or cleverness They lived in a huge, ostentatious house.
What is the root word of auspicious?
Auspicious comes from Latin auspex, which literally means "bird seer" (from the words avis, meaning "bird," and specere, meaning "to look at").
What does a badinage mean?
: playful repartee : banter.
How do you use vignette in a sentence?
- As an assignment, we were asked to read a two-page vignette and then sum up the writer's opinion on immigration.
- In my short film class, I shot a vignette about the life of a homeless teenager.
- The vignette will give potential soldiers a glimpse of a day in the military.
How do you use supine in a sentence?
- When my sister and I were little kids, we would lie supine in the snow and make angels in the snow.
- My brother-in-law is a lazy fellow who will sleep with his head up in a supine position all day long.
What is the difference between complacent and complaisant?
Don't confuse complaisant with its near-homonym complacent. Both derive from the Latin complacere "to please," but while complaisant means willing to do something to please another, complacent means smug and self-satisfied, something that you want to avoid when you're on the winning team.
Is vertigo a serious condition?
Vertigo treatments. Vertigo is bothersome, but it's rarely a sign of a serious health problem. Treatment for vertigo aims to treat the underlying cause that's producing the disorienting sensations in order to eliminate the symptoms. If a cause isn't known, your doctor may also treat the symptoms of vertigo alone.
What are the 3 types of vertigo?
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) BPPV is considered the most common form of peripheral vertigo. ...
- Labyrinthitis. Labyrinthitis causes dizziness or a feeling that you're moving when you aren't. ...
- Vestibular neuronitis. ...
- Meniere's disease.
What is best medicine for vertigo?
Acute vertigo is best treated with nonspecific medication such as dimenhydrinate (Dramamine®) and meclizine (Bonine®). These medications are eventually weaned as they can prevent healing over the long-term, explains Dr. Fahey.